Senior Tenant Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, GA
The position provides management oversight for all activities related to assigned construction projects including, planning, management, coordination, estimating, and financial control to achieve overall job success. The candidate will monitor and supervise the project, guaranteeing adherence to quality and project deadlines. The position will be responsible for the review, approval, permit and implementation of tenant store designs and plans. The candidate coordinates all tenant improvement construction projects at operating shopping centers and manages other disciplines to open businesses on time and on budget.
- Assist in overseeing the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform project planning, defining the scope of work, timelines, and extensive budgeting
- Ensure that construction activities move according to a predetermined schedule.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the property managers, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites concentrating on quality control, completion of the scope of work, and project deadlines.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Negotiate general contractor contracts.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes
- Lead initiative to upgrade our Monument and Pylon Signage where appropriate throughout the portfolio.
- Provide Leasing with timely construction estimates and track in CRM Lease Workflow.
- Establish and enforce Tenant Coordination processes, procedures and standards for management, quality and efficiency in tenants design, construction and life safety.
- Partner with the Property Managers who will be your regional resource in handling Tenant Coordination.
- Review tenant’s lease construction exhibits, Letter of Intents and Landlord Work letters.
- Know, enforce and update the company technical specifications.
- Receive, review and approve Tenant signs.
- Establish budget for tenants where landlord work is involved.
- Monitor, maintain and enforce approved tenant criteria.
- Receive, review and approve Tenant plans
- Maintain an ongoing and comprehensive project tenant schedule.
- Manage the consultants for tenant construction projects.
- Direct and manage the tenant plan check and permit process.
- Coordinate the payment of project design and construction allowances due per the lease. Monitor Lean Waivers and Receipted Invoices with the accounting staff.
- Confirm that the tenant’s build-out aligns exactly to the approved plans and specifications for the job.
- Engage general contractor and other prime contractors/vendors for tenant construction projects including all contract creation and negotiation.
- Manage all tenant contractors on the project.
- Coordinate all tenant preconstruction meetings and construction meetings.
- Coordinate all tenant tie-ins to landlord system.
- Coordinate tenant schedules and design with Development, Design and Construction where necessary to ensure smooth flow of timely delivery and completion of tenant spaces.
- Oversee and conduct tenant construction owner, architect, and contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable with a minimum of 5-7 years project / construction management /Tenant Coordination experience in a retail environment
- Retail Tenant Coordination experience / knowledge preferred; oversight of Tenant Coordination for all project tenants
- Strong working knowledge of construction documents.
- Knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and construction principles and techniques
- Knowledge of various design & construction means, methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Ability to independently navigate through the permitting and construction inspection process on a project.
- Demonstrates management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Project a plus.
- Travel required (approx. 50%); at leas 1-3 nights per week
Thank you for applying to Westwood Financials. We will review your resume and get back to you shortly.VISIT OUR BLOG