Regional Leasing Director
Leasing in Scottsdale, AZ
Westwood Financial recently repositioned itself to prepare for significant growth and is seeking to hire a Regional Leasing Director. This is a great opportunity to add value to a growing, team-oriented firm. The Regional Leasing Director will report to the Head of Leasing and will office in Arizona. This individual will be responsible for all day-to-day duties related to leasing a specific portfolio.
- Negotiates leases for properties in an assigned region including new leases, lease renewals, assignments, and amendments in accordance with established procedures and tenant requirements. Works with the legal team, tenant coordination, development team, and joint venture partners as required. Maintains and updates system by entering leasing information for final approval
- Establishes and maintains positive tenant relationships to promote occupancy of properties
- Responsible for the design, management, and implementation of the leasing program at assigned properties.
- Direct responsibility for all new and renewal leasing within the portfolio – increasing occupancy and NOI at assigned properties
- Manage all leads, call on prospective tenants, and maintain an understanding of the competitive marketplace; hire brokers where necessary
- Active participant in the marketing of space with the marketing team
- Analyze financial sales reports, market data, and traffic flow to optimize sales
- Team with Finance to compile and accurately represent capital, revenue, and profit projections for all leasing transactions
- Team with Legal regarding negotiations and preserving all appropriate asset protections.
- Team with Marketing to create materials (e.g., brochures, flyers, and floor plans)
- Bachelor’s degree with five plus years of experience in commercial leasing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong market knowledge and understanding of trade area shopping centers, comparable rental rates
- Must be able to understand critical leasing issues – use, exclusive, assignment, contingencies, and timing, etc.
- Solid understanding of landlord work issues and tenant improvements. This individual works closely with project management/contractor on understanding these issues and their economic impact on the structure of the deal
- Ability to develop strong tenant relationships with national and regional retailers
- Ability to develop and maintain strong broker relationships
- Experience managing 3rd party brokers – setting and creating expectations for performance
- Must be open to travel to visit properties, build/maintain broker relationships and attend the International Council of Shopping Centers association meetings
- Comfortable handling brokerage responsibilities when necessary (e.g., handle sign calls, show space, canvas, and cold call)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This person will be a proactive, self-starter. An intelligent, strategic thinker and a ‘quick study’ who is nimble and adaptable
- Ability to plan, organizes, and prioritizes multiple tasks within a defined time period
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A team-player mentality
- Bi-lingual, a plus
- Arizona real estate salesperson’s license
- Proficient in Excel and Word
Thank you for applying to Westwood Financials. We will review your resume and get back to you shortly.VISIT OUR BLOG