Assistant Property Manager
Department: Property Management
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the property manager in maintaining the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of commercial properties. This individual will possess some experience in “hands on” real estate Property Management with retail experience, and will have exceptional analytical and communication skills, must be a self-starter.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with tenants, including any tenant issues regarding rental and NNN payments and troubleshooting same.
- Responsible for receiving maintenance requests and inquiries from Tenants, troubleshooting solutions through resolution with minimal oversight.
- Prepare notices to Tenants regarding construction, delinquencies, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Prepare and route vendor contracts as directed by the Property Manager.
- Setup and maintain tenant, vendor, and building files. Also setup and maintain tenant and vendor contact lists.
- Collect, track, and review tenant and vendor insurance certificates, including the review for proper coverages/additional insureds, etc.
- Assist Property Manager in an administrative function to complete team projects in a timely manner.
- Collect, track, and input tenant gross sales into MRI.
- Responsible for disconnecting utilities for vacant spaces when leased, and connecting utilities when tenants vacate and a space becomes vacant.
- Ensure all move-in/move-out paperwork is completed correctly and timely, has been approved by PM, and facilitated.
- Send welcome packet, along with construction rules and regulations, and setup tenant file timely for each new tenant.
- Work with property manager to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Reviewing, approving, and coding of vendor invoices, including vendor setup in Avid.
- Coordinate document preparation and inter-office correspondence with Corporate office.
- Responsible for connecting utilities for newly acquired properties and disconnecting utilities for sold properties.
- Clear and thoughtful communication with Tenants and Vendors. Follow standard timelines listed in the policy and procedures manual for returning phone calls and emails.
- Report to PM for additional instruction.
- 2-3 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate with an emphasis on retail properties
- Experience with MRI is a plus
- Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Ability to effectively present accurate and real time information
- General understanding of accounting and real estate principals is a plus
Thank you for applying to Westwood Financials. We will review your resume and get back to you shortly.VISIT OUR BLOG